Livestock and Garden Grade Diatomaceous Earth Mined here in Australia, mainly used as an additive to livestock, poultry, pet feed, dusting pens and adding to grains for pest control and worming.
Diatomaceous Earth can be used for dusting green houses, dusting fruit, flower and vegetable crops. Can be done even on day of harvesting crops with no harm to animals or humans as it is pure and organic. Don't dust when Bees are present.
Please Note: Although this fossil shell flour is food grade, it has not been sterilised, hence is it NOT suitable for human consumption.
- Particle size: Ranges from 80% Super Fine Grade with some 20% particles up to 2mm - 20 to 200 UM size particles.
Suggestions For Use:
Around the Home
- Outside areas – approx. 250g – 500g per 100 square metres (dry powder)
- As a liquid spray – approx. 250g per 4 litres water
- Lightly sprinkle in carpets
Livestock and Pets
Feed rates for livestock and domestic pets vary due to the differences in farm practices and animal size. Suggested feed rates are as follows:
|Dairy and Beef Cattle||5% of dry feed per day for 90days (300g)||2% of dry feed per day (130g)|
|Goats, sheep, pigs||10% of dry feed per day for 90 days||5% of dry feed or grain per day|
|Horses, Donkeys||½ to 1 cup in feed per day||2% per day|
|Chickens, Ducks||15% of dry feed per day||5-15% per day|
|Large dogs (>50kg)||1-2 heaped tablespoons per day|
|Large dogs (>35kg)||1 tablespoon per day|
|Medium dogs (15-35kg)||½ - 1 tablespoon per day|
|Small dogs (<15kg)||1 teaspoon per day|
|Puppies||½ to 1 teaspoon per day|
|Cats||1 teaspoon per day|
|Kittens||½ teaspoon per day|
- Before planting – use 2-5 kgs per 15 metre row
- Mixing with soil – 250g to a hole 300mm wide by 300mm deep
- 500g to 8 litres water to spray top and underside of leaves
- Approximate coverage for gardens:
- 250g will treat 25 square metres
- 500g will treat 50 square metres
- As anti-caking agent in grain – 2% per volume
- Agricultural farming – approximately 1000kgs per hectare per year*
* High quality silica has a residual effect when used in soil and depending on the soil conditions prior to first application its subsequent application rate will most likely be reduced and may even be unnecessary for a period of 1 to 3 years.
Garden, Pet and Livestock Grade Fossil Shell Flour in Resealable Bag.
Ship from Australia